Hi there, I’m Laura and I am the creator and maker behind Sweet Cinnamon Roses. I got my first sewing machine while pregnant with my daughter Klara. Dang, I didn’t even know how to turn on the machine, let alone how to sew a straight line back then. But I loved the idea of creating something I made for my girl. So I was eager to learn and started teaching myself.
Not long and I got completely pulled into the world of fabric and sewing, making bags, accessories and quilts for my newborn daughter. Fast forward a couple years (by now we also had Sami and moved from Germany to the North East of Scotland) and I was totally addicted to sewing and I loved being a member of the vibrant, caring and inspiring sewing community online.
In 2016 I wrote my first pattern for the See It All Pouch and again, I was hooked. Creating easy-to-follow sewing patterns and helping YOU to also find the confidence to make whatever you desire, became my passion up to this day. In my patterns, I carefully talk you through step-by-step, like I am sitting right next to you. Your sewing bestie, guiding you through the process. Oh, I know you can do it! And I hope you’ll also find your love for sewing cute whimsical projects for either yourself or loved ones.
If you like like to get in touch please send me an Email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or use the Contact Form. And if you like to know more, you can come and find me on Instagram and now also on Facebook and Pinterest - where I share my current projects with you.
- Daisy Chain Lookbook by Annabel Wrigley for Windham Fabric - I Heart You Bag and Bonnie Curves
- Glitter Gift Tag Tutorial for Love Patchwork & Quilting
- Hand Quilted Zipper Pouch Tutorial for Aurifil
- Foundation Paper Piecing Tutorial for Prym
- Wee Travel Pal Pattern featured on Aurifil Website
- Working in Collaboration with Janome UK
- Sweet Cinnamon Roses LOVES Aurifil thread box - a collaboration with Aurifil
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 46 - Glitter It All Pouch
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 48 - Improv Piecing Pattern feature
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 48 - Curved Improv
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 49 - I Heart You Bag Pattern feature
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 50 - Daisy Chain Pouch
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 52 - Scallop Bunting
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 53 - Gift Tags
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 54 - Glitta Pouch Pattern feature
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 61 - EPP Travel Pouch
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 61 - Wee Braw Bag Pattern feature
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 64 - Polaroid Quilt
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 67 - Gift Bag
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 68 - Improv Quilt
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 69 - Storage Basket
- Press & Journal September 26th, 2020 - Sweet Cinnamon Roses
- Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 90 - Wee Billow Bag feature
- Podcast Interview by Sarah Ashford for The Great British Quilter - hear more about the story behind Sweet Cinnamon Roses